Andrew came to the Bar in 2008 after working with MolinoCahill Lawyers. During his time as a solicitor, Andrew worked on several major construction and infrastructure disputes in Australia, including a dispute concerning the expansion of the wharf facility at Port Hedland. Since coming to the Bar, Andrew’s practice has been diverse, appearing in matters involving technology, engineering and construction, property law, equity, and corporations law. Andrew has previously worked in the chemical sciences industry which has involved him publishing articles in scientific journals on his work, and this background enhances his ability to address complicated technical and scientific expert evidence.
Andrew is frequently briefed to:
- appear in and give advice in respect of infrastructure, commercial building and domestic building disputes concerning defects, variations, extensions of time and technical contractual and engineering issues;
- appear in and give advice in respect of judicial review applications, and assist in adjudication disputes, under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act 2002 (Vic) and the cognate interstate legislation;
- appear in and give advice in respect of insolvency, restructuring and management disputes, including in respect of subcontractors, contractors and principals of building projects;
- appear in and give advice in respect of trade practices claims, particularly for misleading or deceptive conduct and unconscionable conduct, including in respect of subcontractors, contractors and principals of building projects;
- appear in and give advice in respect of professional negligence disputes, including in respect of architects, engineers, surveyors, councils, contractors and principals of building projects;
- appear in and give advice in respect of insurance disputes relating to building projects.
Andrew is the Treasurer of Melbourne TEC Chambers, he is the secretary of the Civil Procedure Section of the Commercial Bar Association and he is also on the executive committee of the Commercial Bar Association.
Andrew frequently gives submissions, seminars, papers and casenotes on his areas of interest, particularly civil procedure, evidence, alternative dispute resolution and construction law, and he frequently publishes articles on his website www.the-civil-lawyer.net. He is undertaking his Masters in Commercial Law at Melbourne University, focusing on construction law and international disputes.
Andrew is a member of the Building Dispute Practitioner Society and the Society of Construction Lawyers Australia and United Kingdom.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.
Phone: +61 3 9225 7656
Mobile: +61 403 467 048
Fax: +61 3 9225 6355Email: firstname.lastname@example.org