BA; LLB; LLM
Martin Scott QC practices in superior courts of record and commercial arbitrations with a particular interest in infrastructure, transport and maritime disputes.
He is listed in Doyle’s Guide as a leading construction and transport barrister and as a Band 1 shipping lawyer in Chambers’ Asia Pacific Guide. He is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, founding Board Member of the Melbourne Commercial Arbitration and Mediation Centre, founding Chair of the Bar’s International Arbitration Committee, a founding member of the Australian Bar Association’s International Committee and updating contributor to the Australian Report of the ICC’s National Rules of Procedure for Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Awards pursuant to the NY Convention.
- advising and for state interests in an expedited arbitration concerning one of the largest public/ private partnership toll-roads in Australia. Technical issues included road and traffic engineering, strategic traffic modelling and microsimulation, financial modelling;
- advising and appearing for an international pipeline contractor in claims against its principal and in response to claims by a subcontractor. Technical issues included the construction methodology of several hundred kilometres of gas pipeline carried out across simultaneous spreads;
- advising an international joint venture as principal in connection with an expedited arbitration arising from a wind-farm project. Technical issues included aspects of plant construction, control of electricity generation and its integration into the broader network, high voltage power transmission and critical path analysis of the project’s construction;
- advising and appearing for maritime interests in connection with an incident involving a submarine gas pipeline. Technical issues included seamanship, metallurgical analysis, impact analysis (including finite element analysis), and pipeline damage diagnosis and repair;
- advising and appearing for water and sewerage infrastructure owners in cases involving main and sewer failures;
- advising directors and senior executives of stock exchange listed public companies in connection with directors’ duties;
- advising and appearing for the Australian Securities and Investments Commission in a series of cases concerning investment schemes.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.
Phone: +61 3 9225 8798
Fax: +61 3 9017 1220Email: firstname.lastname@example.org