David is a Senior Junior Counsel commonly engaged in a broad range of complex building and construction disputes in the Supreme Court of Victoria, and local and international arbitrations. He is frequently engaged to advise clients during projects in connection with emerging disputes and to assist in connection with alternative dispute resolution procedures including expert determinations, neutral evaluations, mediation and Building & Construction Industry Security of Payment Act adjudications. Snapshot
- Vice Chairman of the Construction Law Section of the Victorian Commercial Bar.
- Guest Lecturer in International Arbitration ?Law at the University of Melbourne Faculty of Law (Masters of Law) 2008, 2010 and 2013.
Examples of briefs: International Chamber of Commerce Arbitrations
- ICC Arbitration conducted in Melbourne Australia concerning contractual disputes that arose out of Telstra’s 3G upgrade in Queensland and New South Wales. Quantum approx. $30M.
- ICC Arbitration conducted in Vancouver Canada concerning contractual disputes that arose out of the Mobil Refinery Upgrade Project. Quantum approx. $20M.
Domestic Commercial Arbitration
- State of Victoria v Seal Rocks
- Commercial disputes arising out of the development of the Seal Rocks Tourist Facility at Phillip Island, Victoria.
Supreme Court of Victoria
Thiess Degrement Joint Venture v AquaSure Pty Ltd
Victorian Desalination Plant dispute. Quantum approx. $1B
Rail Signalling Services Pty Ltd v Victorian Rail Track (State of Victoria)
Victorian level crossing upgrade project.
Hatch / SMEC v McConnell Dowell and Abigroup Contractors
Adelaide desalination plant. Quantum approx. $20M.
Downer EDI v Iluka Resources
Douglas Victoria mineral sands mining operation. Quantum: $60M+
BHPB v Saipem
Installation of gas plant and associated off shore works in Port Campbell, Victoria. Quantum: $70M+
Fluor Daniel v ASC and Fluor Daniel v CBI
Murrin Murrin nickel project in Western Australia.
Leighton Constructions v PDA
Spencer Street Station Melbourne, Australia.
Pacific Hydro v Argyle Diamond Mines Limited
Argyle Diamond Mines project in Kimberley Western Australia.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.
Phone: +61 3 9225 8761
Mobile: +61 412 681985
Fax: +61 3 9225 8968Email: firstname.lastname@example.org