BA (UNSW); LLB (UNSW); LLM (Melb)
Geraldine Gray practised as a solicitor in New South Wales, Victoria and Hong Kong prior to joining the Victorian Bar. She also lived in Taiwan and worked at National Taiwan University Hospital, Taipei, for a number of years.
She has experience in building and construction matters both from a construction and insurance point of view. Recent matters have involved construction of gas infrastructure in a Western Australian project dispute, acting for the contractor in a wide-ranging dispute concerning construction of gas infrastructure offshore and onshore in Victoria, Australia and acting for the Principal in a dispute concerning time claims and latent conditions in a major land remediation and earthworks project.
Areas of experience include:
- Acting for contractors and owners in large and small disputes conducted by way of arbitration and in court
- Advising on regulatory issues in large projects
- Advising on project insurance issues such as coverage and policy interpretation and professional negligence
- Acting and advising in respect of multiple defect claims in gas pipeline construction
- Advice on contractual interpretation for both standard form and bespoke contracts
- Appearance at court, in mediations and at arbitration
Geraldine is a member of the Society of Construction Law, the Building Dispute Practitioners’ Society, the National Association of Women in Construction and the Australian Insurance Law Association.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.
Phone: +61 3 9225 6784
Mobile: +61 418 141 767
Fax: +61 3 9225 8450Email: firstname.lastname@example.org