LLB; BA (Melb); LLM (Monash)
Since 1992, Jeremy has developed a commercial law practice specialising in construction, engineering and property law appearing regularly in the Superior Courts. His appearances in major commercial litigation include disputes concerning:
- price determination of a long term energy supply contract;
- the engineering design and construction of a nickel processing facility, refinery and ancillary services, including an acid plant;
- design and construction of a gas platform and onshore processing facility, including contractual claims for delays;
- development and construction of a port facility in Asia, including contractual claims for delays;
- the design of a hydraulic cylinder for a canting keel on a racing yacht;
- the dredging of a port and channel off the coast of Western Australia.
Jeremy has acted for developers, builders, subcontractors and engineers in disputes in court and arbitration concerning commercial, residential and industrial construction, earthworks and civil works, technical design and rail and road infrastructure. He is familiar with the standard forms of contract used in Australian Engineering and Construction Works and has experience with the Building Act, Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act (Vic), (NSW) and (Qld), Domestic Building Contracts Act and the Planning and Environment Act. As counsel, he has appeared in a number of cases commenced pursuant to the Security of Payment Act and has adjudicated a number of payment disputes. Jeremy is accredited by the Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators Australia as a Grade 3 Arbitrator, and as an Adjudicator under the Building and Construction Industry Security of Payment Act.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.
Phone: +61 3 9225 6430
Mobile: +61 405 197 267
Fax: +613 9225 6355Email: email@example.com