Justice Digby was admitted to practice and signed the Bar Roll in 1979 and appointed Queen’s Counsel in 1993.
Whilst at the Bar his Honour was:
- Chairman (2008-2009) of the Victorian Bar Council and Member (2005-2009), Vice-Chairman (2007-2008) and
- President of the Commercial Bar Association (2009-2012) and Member (since 1994), Vice President (2001-2009)
- Deputy Chairman (2003-2008) of Barristers’ Chambers Limited and Director (2001-2008 and 2012)
- Chairman of the Construction Law Division of the Commercial Bar Association (1996-2009)
- Victorian Bar appointee to the Council of Professions (1985-1987)
- Member (1997-2008) and Chairman (2004-2008) of the Victorian Bar Applications Review Committee.
- His Honour was also heavily involved in construction law and Commercial Arbitration related committees, including as Director of ACICA (Australian Centre for International Commercial Arbitration) (2011-2013).
His Honour is a Director and Fellow (since 2009) and Treasurer (since 2011) of the Australian Academy of Law and Director of the Victorian Bar Foundation from 2011 and the Chairman of the Victorian Bar Foundation since 2015.
His Honour was appointed to the Supreme Court of Victoria in November 2012. At the Court his Honour is the Judge in charge of both the Admiralty List (since August 2013) and the Technology, Engineering and Construction List (since 2018).
His Honour is an alumni of Melbourne Law School and been a Member of the Standing Committee for the Masters Course since 1998.
His Honour has lectured (part time) in the Melbourne University Masters’ Program in International Construction Law and International Arbitration (2002-2013) and was a Senior Fellow of the University of Melbourne Law School (2005-2013).