BA; LLB; LLM (Melb)
Dr Manly holds the degrees of Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Laws and Master of Laws from the University of Melbourne, Australia. Dr Manly has practiced at the Victorian Bar since November 1983 predominantly in the fields of building, construction and engineering litigation in the superior courts and before arbitrators. Dr Manly is registered as a Grade 1 Arbitrator with the Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators Australia and is the holder of The Practitioners Certificate in Mediation issued by that Institute. Dr Manly has acted as an Arbitrator and Mediator in a wide range of building, construction and engineering cases. In recent years Dr Manly has acted as Arbitrator in disputes regarding:
- The operation of a gold mining project,
- The construction and development of a supermarket project,
- A contract for the construction of locomotives.
Dr Manly has appeared in complex building, construction and engineering cases involving:
- The development of land severely contaminated with chemical byproducts of a long running dry cleaning business,
- The failure of sewerage lagoons at coastal towns in Victoria, Australia,
- The design and construction of a road and tunnel system in the City of Melbourne, Australia,
- The failure of an aircraft hangar at Nandi, Fiji,
- Advising on contractual issues relating to a tunneling project in Singapore,
- The breach of a charter party for a vessel to be utilized to lay pipes in Bass Strait, Australia,
- The breach of a contract to construct a section of highway in Tasmania, Australia,
- The breach of a contract to design and construct a cobalt processing plant in Queensland, Australia.
Dr Manly is a member of:
- The Supreme and County Courts Building Cases List Users Committees,
- The Building Dispute Practitioners Society,
- The Society of Construction Law (Australia),
- The Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators Australia,
- The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators.
Liability limited by a scheme approved under Professional Standards legislation.
Phone: +61 3 8600 1754
Mobile: +61 418 108 885
Fax: +61 3 8600 1770Email: email@example.com